Originally posted 2016-08-18 14:54:55.
Today, most mothers are breastfeeding their babies. There are several ways, help to make breastfeeding experience more successful and enjoyable. The benefits of breast-feeding as breast milk contain the right balance of nutrients for your baby. Breast milk is easier to digest than is commercial formula, and the antibodies in breast milk boost your baby’s immune system. Breast- feeding might even help you lose weight after the baby is born.
Every woman likes to have a baby and it is the second birth for them. After delivery, they should be careful in feeding. Baby only food is milk has all the nutrients she needs and the best natural food for your baby. The World Health Organization (WHO) suggests breastfeeding for your baby for 6 months. Breast milk is full of anti agents helps your baby to face any infections and boosting of the immune system, besides protecting your baby from any diseases. As a lactating mother, you should take right diet during lactation. A balanced and nutritious diet for breastfeeding mothers should include calcium, protein, minerals and vitamins.
10 Useful Tips for Lactating Mothers
The following recipes or diet for lactating mothers improve milk supply.
01. Increase Lactation With Fenugreek Seeds : Fenugreek seeds and fenugreek leaves are rich in properties to boosts milk supply in lactating mothers. Here are the ways to add fenugreek seeds in your diet.
02. Fenugreek Tea :- In a container filled with water soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Next day boil the water until it reaches a certain level. Strain and drink the fenugreek tea.
03. Garlic : Garlic is the best source to boost milk supply for lactating mothers for centuries and should be taken in moderation, The Garlic has the power to change the flavor and odor of breast milk. Mix Garlic in milk, In vessel filled with milk add 4 cloves of garlic and have it.
04. The lactating mothers’ diet should include calcium supplements in sufficient amount. They lose calcium when feeding their baby and they should augment it by taking calcium rich sources like milk, yogurt.
05. You should take one liter of milk and yogurt minus the fat. Don’t take butter and cheese, not easy to digest and avoid those. If taken the cholesterol levels will shoot. You can take fruits like banana, apple, peach etc and good for lactating mothers.
06. The Egg is a good source of calcium has it in boiled condition.
07. Add Vegetables and Fruits to the Plate : – Lactating mothers should look for vegetables and fruits that boost breast milk production. They should select fruits and vegetables like carrot, lady finger, and ridge gourd on a regular basis. Avoid the following vegetables like cabbage, brinjal, and potato, as they create allergy and constipation to mother and baby.
08. Take Vitamins Enriched Salads
09. Make Salads From Fresh Vegetables and fruits as they boost breast milk production. Don’t take them in cooked form, as they lose all the ingredients when cooked.
10. Avoid junk foods and refrigerated foods.
Lactating mothers lose their sleep midway in the night, as the baby wakes up frequently during the night time. Frequent wake up for a mother is not good, but they have to wake up, so as to look after their child. When you get time do yoga, light exercises, breathing exercise, and meditation. Most importantly you should sleep whenever you put your baby to sleep. Give enough time to take sleep, since it increases the milk supply. Don’t allow stress to overtake you, if happens then it will affect breast milk supply. There are many ways to beat the stress and be calm and stay relaxed.