Originally posted 2016-07-22 10:05:25.
Lady Gaga is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Her second album “Born This Way” sold 1 million copies in a week in 2011. She is the 5th women artiste in this position after Whitney Houston, Britney Spears, Norah Jones and Taylor Swift. She won Twelve Guinness World Records, Three Brit Awards and Six Grammy Awards. She is renowned for her humanitarian actions and social activism for instance LGBT rights, HIV/ AIDS prevention and the “Born This Way Foundation”. She is different for her revolutionary chic controversial attire, diverse colored wigs and wild dancing.
Here are 27 facts to know about Lady Gaga –
1. The name Lady Gaga is derived from the Queen’s “Radio Ga-Ga” song.
3. She had French-Canadian, English, German, Italian and Scottish descent on her parent’s side.
4. Her nicknames were “The Germ” and “Rabbit Teeth” in high school. Gagaloo, Loopy, Mother Monster and Little Mermaid are her few nicknames.
5. Gaga has 14 tattoos on her different body parts and they are: a peace sign, “Little Monsters”, her aunt Joanne’s death date, “Tokyo Love”, a heart with word “Dad”, daises, a treble clef, flowers, a unicorn with phrase “Born This Way”, the word “ARTPOP”, an anchor, a cherub and the word “Rio”.
6. Gaga suffers from hair loss due to hair dyeing.
7. Black and lavender are her favorite colors.
8. Bugs Bunny is her favorite cartoon character.
9. Martin Scorsese is her favorite film director.
10. A purple teacup and saucer often carried by her publicly.
11. She smokes weed while writing music.
12. Gaga likes to cook and good at cooking Italian food.
13. “Letters to a Young Poet” by Rainer Maria Rilke is her favorite book.
14. Jameson Whiskey on the Rocks is her favorite drink.
15. Carrie Bradshaw from “Sex and The City” is her favorite T.V. character.
16. Her life motto – “Life is a performance”.
17. Her best advice – “If you don’t have shadows, you’re not standing in the light.”
18. Gaga is left-handed.
19. She prefers dogs over kittens.
20. White roses are her favorite flower.
21. All her fans are referred as “Monsters”.
22. On fame she quoted, “Fame is not external, it’s internal. So I’ve been famous for a long time.”
23. On fashion she quoted, “I don’t consider my own clothing to be outrageous. The truth is that people just don’t have the same references that I do. To me it’s very beautiful and its art, and to them it’s outrageous and crazy.”
24. On trust she quoted, “Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother fucker’s reflection.”
25. On love she quoted, “Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body.”
26. On peace she quoted, “Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.”
27. She is fond of Belly dancing.